ANCHORAGE (KTUU) - The Anchorage Fire Department extinguished a structure fire at 341 N. Bragaw Street Thursday afternoon.
According to Jodie Hettrick, deputy chief of operations with AFD, a passerby reported the apartment fire at 1:02 p.m.
Hettrick reports that when crews arrived on scene, "smoke was showing" out of the 4-plex; however, the structure was still secure to enter. Firefighters were able to get the small fire under control and extinguish it. They then remained on location to check the area for smoldering embers.
The preliminary report indicates that nobody was home when the fire ignited. Furthermore, Hettrick reports zero injuries.
Additionally, Hettrick says there is no indication of foul play.
While AFD was on scene, North Bragaw Street was shut down at Peterkin Street. The road was reopened at approximately 2 p.m.