ANCHORAGE (KTUU) - A product recall is taking place in Alaska for a pre-made chicken chile verde meal.
The Alaska Division of Health Food Safety & Sanitation Program confirmed the Alaska distribution of the Luvo product was recently recalled by the United States Department of Agriculture.
Luvo Inc., is recalling approximately 4,805 pounds of poultry products, due to misbranding and undeclared allergens, said the USDA.
The problem was discovered, after the firm received consumer complaints of the wrong meal inside the retail boxes.
The products are mislabeled as Chicken Chile Verde, which contain milk and soy, but instead contain Turkey Meatloaf, which has additional allergens, eggs and fish (anchovies), that are not declared on the product label, said USDA.
There have been no confirmed reports of adverse reactions, due to consumption of these products.
List of Alaska distributors:
- Fred Meyer 1000 East Northern Lights Boulevard, Anchorage AK-Alaska
- Fred Meyer 2000 West Dimond Boulevard, Anchorage AK-Alaska
- Fred Meyer 2300 Abbott Road, Anchorage AK-Alaska
- Fred Meyer 7701 Debarr Road, Anchorage AK-Alaska
- Fred Meyer 13401 Old Glenn Highway, Eagle River AK-Alaska
- Fred Meyer 3755 Airport Way, Fairbanks AK-Alaska
- Fred Meyer 930 Old Steese Highway, Fairbanks AK-Alaska
- Fred Meyer 8181 Glacier Highway, Juneau AK-Alaska
- Fred Meyer 535 West Evergreen Avenue, Palmer AK-Alaska
- Fred Meyer 43843 Sterling Highway, Soldotna AK-Alaska
- Fred Meyer 1501 East Parks Highway, Wasilla AK-Alaska