- Aberdeen Recreation and Cultural Center Gallery, 225 Third Ave. S.E.: Gallery hours are 8 a.m.-9 p.m. Monday through Thursday, 8 a.m.-5 p.m. Friday and 10 a.m.-12:30 p.m. Saturdays. Phone: 605-626-7081.
- Wein Gallery, second floor of main building at Presentation College: An exhibit by Ipswich Public School students helps celebrate National Youth Art Month. It opens Monday and runs through March 24. Hours are 8 a.m.-8 p.m. Monday through Friday and 1-4 p.m. Saturday.
- Dacotah Prairie Museum, 21 S. Main St., 605-626-7117: On display until Feb. 27 is new work completed in the past year by the Prairie Stitchers chapter of the Embroidery Guild of America. Children’s Activity Area is now open. “Traditional Native American Housing” is a long-term exhibit. Museum hours: 9 a.m.-8 p.m. Tuesday, 9 a.m.-5 p.m. Wednesday through Friday, 1-4 p.m. Saturday and Sunday. Admission is free.
- Northern State University: “The Great Plains Goes Pop,” described as an “art supermarket,” runs through March 4 in the Isaac Lincoln Gallery, on the main floor of Lincoln Hall. It was assembled by William Charles Harbort, a.k.a. Billy Chuck, a professor in the art department at Minot (N.D.) State University.
- Sixth Avenue Gallery, at Mattress Matters, 20 Sixth Ave. S.E.: The featured artist for February is photographer Chris Heier. Artists exhibiting are Ishmael M. Antar, Aaron Bigelow, Jacob Bosmoe, Brenda Coleman, Matthew Freidel, Nick Fischer, Nicole Fischer, Ben Grote, Tom Hamak, Chris Heier, Eric Lee Johnson, Jim Johnson, Paul Lundstrom, Cody Marks, Benjamin Victor, Lu Xu. For information, call Grote at 605-380-1351.
- ArtWorks Gallery, Lakewood Mall: Normal gallery hours are from noon to 6 p.m. Thursday through Sunday. Members include Brenda Kohlman, Carol Weber Green, Cheryl Olson, Brenda Kuckelburg, Melissa Sletto, Pat Meacham Fries, Lois Beckner, Dan Parsons and Ruth Wegehaupt. The phone number is 605-725-0913.
- Aberdeen Development Corporation, 416 N. Production St., 605-229-5335: Fine art by local artists in the business setting: Carol Weber Green, Paula Guhin, Dan Parsons and Shari Theroux.
- Dakota Sunset Museum, Gettysburg: The works of Gettysburg artist Edna Machan run through March. For more information, call 605-765-9480.