Alaska State Troopers have identified a 15-year-old boy who died early Wednesday at a Fairbanks home in a possible electrical accident involving a dryer.
According to AST spokesperson Beth Ipsen, Joseph Hines died at a home on Lakeview Terrace in Fairbanks, to which troopers were called at about 1 a.m.
"The boy was found dead by a family member -- he was home alone," Ipsen said.
While AST spokesperson Megan Peters says investigators believe Hines was electrocuted when he reached behind a dryer and touched an unprotected electrical source, Ipsen says he may have also asphyxiated based on the position he was found in. A determination won't be made on Hines' cause of death until his body undergoes an autopsy.
There were no witnesses to Hines' death, but troopers don’t suspect foul play.
Contact Chris Klint