Anchorage police have issued a statement on road closures in the Anchorage area as community events take place.
As runners take part in the Skinny Raven Half Marathon Sunday morning at 9:30 a.m., expect road closures on much of 9th and 10th avenues between E street and I street, with APD conducting traffic in the area as needed. This will continue into the afternoon, so police advise keeping an eye out for all detour and traffic signs, as well as runners and their supporters.
The full list of roads impacted from 5:00 am until approximately 5:00 pm :
• W. 6th Ave. btwn. E St. and I St. will be CLOSED for the duration.
• H St. btwn. 2nd Ave. and 6th Ave. will be CLOSED for the duration.
• F St. btwn. 6th Ave. and 7th Ave. will be CLOSED for the duration.
• E St. btwn. 4th Ave. and 9th Ave. will have lane restrictions.
The following downtown roads will impacted until approximately noon:
• 8th Ave. will be closed btwn. H St. and E St. until approx. noon.
• I St. btwn. 3rd Ave. and 5th Ave. will be CLOSED until approx. noon.
• K St. btwn. 3rd Ave. and 5th Ave. will be CLOSED until approx. noon.
• 4th Ave. btwn. E St. and L St. will be CLOSED until approx. noon.
• 3rd Ave. btwn. G St. and L St. will be CLOSED until approx. noon.
Travelers in south Anchorage will also need to be aware of changing traffic patterns as APD assist pedestrians crossing the roads on O'Malley road during the Greek Festival this weekend. Officers will be conducting traffic between 4 and 8 p.m. on Saturday, and noon and 8 p.m. Sunday.