Police and medics responded early Thursday morning to the scene of a fatal car crash, the second on the same South Anchorage road in less than two months.

APD dispatchers say initial calls about the crash, at the intersection of O'Malley Road and Commodore Drive, came in just after 3:20 a.m.

Police say an SUV was driving westbound on O'Malley when it veered to the right and hit a snow bank. The car rolled “multiple times” and came to a stop at O'Malley's intersection with Commodore.

“The vehicle lost control and started to roll, coming to a stop in the backyard of a condominium complex,” APD spokesperson Jennifer Castro wrote in a statement.

A resident of that complex told Channel 2 he awoke just after 3:30 a.m. to the sound of the car crashing through his fence and yard.

Police say three teenagers were in the car, with two males ejected from the vehicle. One, a 17-year-old, was declared dead at the scene. The other, who police said is 18 years old, was transported to a local hospital. As of 6:30 a.m. Thursday he was in critical condition.

A third passenger, a 16-year-old woman, sustained injuries but “was able to get out of the vehicle,” police wrote. She was also receiving care at a hospital as of Thursday morning and was in stable condition. Police haven't yet said who was driving the vehicle at the time of the crash.

Jill Missal, director of the Abbott Loop Community Council, says both O'Malley and Commodore are dangerous roads.

"It's just really obvious that this is a dangerous intersection," Missal said. "People drive too fast on Commodore and O'Malley and (they) have had a history of really bad accidents."

About a mile east on O'Malley, Ponesi "Nesi" Tutonu-Tufi, a wife and mother of two, was killed in a crash on the night of Jan. 2.

The APD Traffic Investigation Unit was at the scene Thursday morning, as police tried to learn more about what happened.

Thursday's investigation closed Commodore, as well as the westbound lane of O’Malley between Lake Otis Parkway and the New Seward Highway, for hours. Police had hoped to fully reopen the road shortly after 8 a.m.

Channel 2's Sheila Balistreri, Mallory Peebles, Garrett Turner and Matthew Smith contributed information to this story.