Romero was initially signed by the Orioles to a minor league contract in May after he was released by the Cardinals. Romero was 1-0 with a 2.51 ERA and and 13 strikeouts in 14 1/3 innings over 17 appearances for Triple-A Norfolk until he was given a right to opt out of his contract.
He signed a minor-league deal with the Indians and pitched to a 3.12 ERA in eight games with Cleveland's Triple-A team in Columbus, Ohio.
- Peter Schmuck grades the Orioles (Week 7)
- Orioles in May [Pictures]
- Baseball power rankings (May 7, 2013)
- 2013 Orioles Opening Day at Camden Yards [Pictures]
- Orioles in April [Pictures]
- Orioles Opening Day roster 2013 [Pictures]
See more photos »
- Minor League Baseball
- Cleveland Indians
See more topics »
He will replace right-handed reliever Miguel Socolovich, who was optioned to Norfolk following Sunday's game, in the Orioles' bullpen. Troy Patton had been the Orioles' sole left-handed reliever.
The 28-year-old Rojas hit .226 with no homers and nine RBIs this season between Norfolk and Double-A Bowie.