Massachusetts, which went 15-0 in the regular season in 2012, was tabbed to finish first, followed by Penn State and Drexel. Junior defenseman John Fennessy was the only Tiger chosen to the Preseason All-CAA team.
Harrison renews deal with STX
- Recruiting notes: Loyola, Towson men each add pair of transfers
- 2013 men's college lacrosse: April-May [Pictures]
- 2013 men's college lacrosse: Feb.-March [Pictures]
- 2013 women's college lacrosse: May [pictures]
- 2013 women's college lacrosse: Feb.-April [Pictures]
- Quint Kessenich: Analyzing the NCAA tournament quarterfinals
See more photos »
- College Sports
- Colonial Athletic Association
See more topics »
Baltimore-based lacrosse equipment maker STX has announced that LXM Pro star Kyle Harrison (Friends, Johns Hopkins) renewed his contract with the company through 2016.
Harrison’s role will include working with STX to evaluate and improve products and managing other STX athletes. Harrison’s new K18 collection, which will be released starting in May, was developed for intermediate players in middle and high school.
Harrison was three-time All-American, earning the McLaughlin Award as the nation’s top college mid¿elder in 2004 and 2005 and the Tewaaraton Award as the top player in 2005. STX signed an agreement this month with the NCAA to become the official lacrosse equipment supplier of the NCAA men’s and women’s lacrosse championships.
Local trio sign with Liberty women
Three area players have signed to play for the Liberty women's team starting in the 2014 season:
- Kathryn Milwicz helped lead Fallston to regional and state titles last season. She has received the Minds-In-Motion scholar-athlete award all four years of high school. Milwicz plays club lacrosse for the Skywalkers.
- Madalynn Philhower was a four-year varsity starter at Northeast, playing attack and midfield. She played club lacrosse for CC Lax in 2011 and 2012. Philhower was also a member of the varsity field hockey team, starting all four years. She is a member of the drama team as an actor and makeup artist, and intends to major in digital media at Liberty.
- Casey Thate is a three-sport athlete at South River, competing in lacrosse, cross country and soccer. She is a four-year member of the lacrosse team and helped her team capture the Anne Arundel County title in 2012. The defender competes with the Chesapeake Lacrosse Club and was a recipient of the Minds-In-Motion award for her athletic and academic accomplishments.