Deborah Tillett, who worked for Hunt Valley's BreakAway Ltd. and Microprose, among other technology companies, has been picked to run the city's Emerging Technology Center, she confirmed Tuesday by phone. The ETC is a technology startup incubator that has helped launch Baltimore companies since the late 1990s.
- Top 10 must-have apps for the iPhone and Android smartphones
- Millennial Media [Pictures]
- Photos: The evolution of the Facebook News Feed
- 2013 tech cravings: Easy TV, iPhone 6, stuff we can drop in the tub
- 10 tech companies to follow in 2013
- Apple's fizzled products
See more photos »
- Business Incubators
- Consumer Goods Industries
- Companies and Corporations
See more topics »
2400 Boston St, Baltimore, MD 21224, USA
"I am absolutely excited," Tillett said in a brief telephone interview.
Tillett will take over a nonprofit organization whose mission is to facilitate the growth of high-technology companies in Baltimore.
Millennial Media, one of the more successful firms to emerge from the ETC recently, filed for an IPO this year, seeking to raise $75 million to tackle the burgeoning mobile advertising market. The company employs roughly 200 people.