* As of 7:45 a.m., traffic was sluggish on I-270 southbound and I-495, but was running fine on all the other interstates throughout the area.
MARC Train, Light Rail, commuter buses, metro bus service and mobility service are all running on time and operating on their regular schedules, according to the Maryland Transit Administration's website, http://mta.maryland.gov.
* The weather today is expected to be not as cool as previous days with cloudiness, a high of 51 degrees, and winds around 2 miles per hour, according to the AccuWeather forecast on the HMTV6 weather website at www.herald-mail.com/hmtv6/weather/. Tonight, it's expected to be mild with low clouds and fog, spotty drizzle, a low of 48 degrees, wind around 5 mph, and a 45 percent chance of precipitation. Check the HMTV6 weather blog at http://hagerstownblogs.com/brittany-beggs/ for weather updates.
* Work to improve U.S. Alternate 40 and Poffenberger Road is still in progress. Poffenberger Road is closed between Garis Shop Road and Sharpsburg Pike (Md. 65). However, Heather Keels of the SHA said that the road should be opened by the end of this month, as the utility work is complete and all that is left is road striping, the signing and removing the barrier wall. Traffic on Alternate U.S. 40 may be reduced to one lane at times. Workers are assisting traffic there when needed.
* Work to improve the intersection of U.S. 40 and Md. 63 is expected to continue until the spring, according to reports from the Maryland State Highway Administration. Workers are assisting traffic in the area when needed. Expect lane closures at different times.
* Rice Road is expected to remain closed for about another week for a culvert replacement, according to the Washington County Division of Public Works. Resley Road is serving as its designated detour route.
* Speed cameras have been placed on I-70 at Conococheague Creek for work zone safety as part of the bridge rehabilitation project there, according to the Maryland State Highway Administration. Motorists driving more than 12 miles over the posted speed limit of 55 mph in the area will face a $40 citation.