by Chef Amanda Cash
Viking Cooking School
7:36 AM AKST, January 12, 2011
Café au Lait (Coffee with Milk), Bacon Waffles and Poached Eggs
Café au Lait
4 C. strong coffee or espresso
4 C. whole milk
¼ C. granulated sugar (or to taste)
4 cinnamon sticks
Orange zest from 1 orange
1. Heat milk, sugar, cinnamon, and orange zest to just below a boil in a sauce pan over medium-high heat.
2. Strain; froth if desired.
3. Pour equal amounts of milk mixture and coffee into latte cups. Garnish with cinnamon or orange zest and serve.
Your favorite waffle mix (I used pumpkin spice)
6 pc. high-quality, well-cooked bacon, crumbled
1. Make waffle mix according to directions or use your favorite recipe.
2. Add crumbled bacon just before pouring batter into waffle iron; cook until done.
3. Garnish with whipped cream.
Serves 4 as a side
Saucepan of simmering water (with lid)
Vegetable oil spray
4 poach pods
4 ramekins or tea cups
Scallions and bacon salt (for garnish)
1. Spray poach pods with vegetable oil spray. Place in simmering water and crack one egg into each.
2. Place lid on the pan and let cook for around 3 minutes (more or less depending on personal preference). Remove lid, remove poach pods.
3. Loosed eggs from pods and slip into ramekins, tea cups, or onto plate. Garnish with bacon salt and green onions.
Copyright © 2013, KTUU-TV