NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
The Orlando Sentinel Mascot Madness Contest ("Contest") starts at 9:00 A.M. EST on August 31, 2011 and ends at 9:00 A.M. EST on September 21, 2011 ("Contest Period"). This Contest shall be subject to these Official Rules, and by voting, each voter agrees to abide and be bound by these rules and the decisions of the judges and Sponsor.
Florida who are 14 years and older as of the first day of the Contest Period. Employees (and their immediate family members (defined as spouse, parents, siblings or children) or household members (whether or not related)) of Orlando Sentinel Communications Company ("Sponsor") and of its parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising agencies, prize providers, promotion and delivery contractors and/or public relations companies associated with this Contest, are not eligible to participate. Void where prohibited and outside Florida. This Contest shall be governed and enforced pursuant to Florida law, excluding choice of law provisions.
2) The Contestants: Thirty-two high schools have been pre-selected as contestants ("Contestants") in the Contest. Contestants were chosen by OrlandoSentinel.com from the Florida counties of Orange, Seminole, Osceola, and Lake, based on enrollment size.
4) Winner and Notification: The Contestant that receives the most valid votes will be named the winner. Sponsor will make all final decisions in any and all issues related to this Contest, and its decisions shall be final and binding in all respects. Sponsor will attempt to contact potential winning Contestant by email. Winning Contestant will be disqualified and an alternate winning Contestant, which will be the next highest vote recipient, may be selected if: (a) winning Contestant does not claim its prize within 72 hours of the first notification attempt; and/or (b) if the prize notification is returned as undeliverable, refused, or declined.
5) Prize and Delivery: One Grand Prize: $200 Target GiftCard that will be awarded to the winning Contestant to use for school supplies or as it otherwise sees fit.
Winning Contestant is solely responsible for any applicable federal, state and local taxes in connection with winner's prize. Prize substitutions are not allowed, and prizes are not transferable. Only Sponsor may elect, at its discretion, to substitute a prize of greater or equal value due to lack of availability for any given reason. Prize is awarded "as is" with no warranty or guarantee, either express or implied by Sponsor. All expenses not specifically provided for herein are the responsibility of the prize winner. Properly claimed prize will be awarded, but in no event will Sponsor award more prizes than are provided for in these Official Rules.
6) Other Conditions:
By voting in this Contest, each voter agrees to release, waive and hold harmless Sponsor, Facebook and their affiliates, subsidiaries, parent corporations and advertising and promotional agencies, and all of their officers, directors, shareholders, employees and agents from any and all injuries, claims, damages, losses, costs, or expenses of any kind (including without limitation attorney's fees) resulting from accessing the Contest website; submitting a vote or otherwise participating in any aspect of the Contest; or; any printing, typographical or other error in these Official Rules or the announcement of offering of any prize. Neither the failure of Sponsor to insist upon or enforce strict performance of any provision of these Official Rules or the failure, delay or omission by Sponsor in exercising any right with respect to any term of these Official Rules, will be construed as a waiver or relinquishment to any extent of Sponsor's right to assert or rely upon any such provision or right in that or any other instance.
7) Internet/Fraud/Tampering: If for any reason this Contest is not capable of running as planned, or if this Contest or any website associated therewith (or any portion thereof) becomes corrupted or does not allow the proper playing of the Contest and processing of votes in accordance with these rules, or if infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, actions by voters, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes, in the Sponsor's sole opinion, corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Contest, the Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual implicated in such action and/or to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend this Contest or any portion thereof. In the event this Contest is cancelled, the Sponsor will determine the winner based on all eligible, non-suspect votes received prior to the time of the action or event warranting such cancellation. If such cancellation, termination, modification, or suspension occurs, notification will be posted at the Contest website. ANY ATTEMPT BY A VOTER OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE (INCLUDING THE VOTING SITE) OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST WILL RESULT IN DISQUALIFICATION. Sponsor reserves the right to prohibit any voter from participating in the Contest if, at its sole discretion, Sponsor finds such voter to be tampering with the voting process or the operation of the Contest, or if such voter repeatedly shows a disregard for, or attempts to circumvent, these Official Rules, or acts: (a) in a manner the Sponsor determines to be not fair or equitable; (b) with an intent to annoy, threaten or harass any other voter or Sponsor; or (c) in any other disruptive manner. Sponsor assumes no liability for (a) any incorrect or inaccurate voting information, or for any faulty, failed, garbled or jumbled electronic data transmissions; (b) any unauthorized access to, or theft, destruction or alteration of votes at any point in the operation of this Contest; (c) any technical malfunction, failure, error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or communications line failure, regardless of cause, with regard to any equipment, systems, networks, lines, satellites, servers, computers or providers utilized in any aspect of the operation of the Contest; or (d) inaccessibility or unavailability of the Internet or the Contest website or any combination thereof.
8) Winner List: For an Official Winner List (available after September 21, 2011), send a request and a self-addressed, stamped envelope to Jordan Winter, MP 204, Orlando Sentinel, 633 N Orange Ave, Orlando, Florida, 32801. All requests for Winner List must be received by November 30, 2011.
9) Sponsor: Orlando Sentinel Communications Company, 633 N Orange Ave, Orlando, Florida, 32801.
This Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook.