In our shortcut for classic Shepherd's Pie, instead of beef, we use cubed cooked chicken. Everything cooks up quickly in a skillet, which makes our Spooky Shepherd's Pie topped with ghostly dollops of mashed potatoes a perfect year-round main dish.
Cooking Time: 5 min
- In a large skillet, over high heat, combine all ingredients except potatoes and reserved peas; mix well.
- Cook 5 to 8 minutes, or until heated through, stirring frequently. Remove from heat and top with 6 dollops of potatoes to form ghost shapes (see photo).
- Place 2 peas in each dollop of potatoes to form eyes on the ghosts (see photo). Serve immediately.
- Use leftover chicken here or turn to the deli case for thick-cut turkey breast.
- We recommend a crunchy salad to accompany this shepherd's pie.