Central Beaufort Sea Coast
Issued at: 4:22 am AKST on February 28, 2015, expires at: 6:00 PM AKST on March 01, 2015
- ...Blizzard Warning now in effect from noon today to 6 PM akst Sunday... The Blizzard Warning is now in effect from noon today to 6 PM akst Sunday.
- Blowing snow and snow...reducing visibility to zero.
- Winds...northwest 35 to 50 mph gusting to 60 mph.
- Timing...winds will increase this morning and conditions will rapidly deteriorate as the winds continue to increase in the afternoon. Conditions will improve Sunday evening as high pressure builds over the area and winds diminish.
- Impacts...visibility will be very poor and snow will accumulate into drifts. Whiteout conditions should be expected. Travel and outdoor activities will be extremely difficult. Precautionary/preparedness actions... A Blizzard Warning means severe winter weather conditions in blowing snow with strong winds and very poor visibilities are occurring or expected.