Fire Weather Warning:
Issued at: 7:31 am AKDT on July 6, 2015, expires at: 2:00 AM AKDT on July 07, 2015
- ...Red flag warning now in effect from noon today to 2 am akdt Tuesday for strong winds for fire weather zone 225...
- affected area...fire weather zone 225.
- Wind...south gusting to 45 mph.
- Humidity...as low as 26 percent.
- Timing...winds will increase during the day today. The lowest relative humidity values are expected by midnight tonight. Relative humidity values will recover early Tuesday morning.
- Impacts...any fires that develop will likely spread rapidly. Outdoor burning is not recommended. Precautionary/preparedness actions... A red flag warning means that conditions are occurring or will occur which could lead to the development of large and dangerous fires. It is directed toward fire agencies...and through them... to the public. Please advise the appropriate officials or fire crews in the field of this red flag warning.