UPDATE: 40 new COVID-19 cases for the state
The 40 new cases are residents from nine communities according to DHSS: Anchorage (18), Wasilla (6), Fairbanks (5), Soldotna (5), Valdez-Cordova Census Area (2), Juneau (1), Palmer (1), Sterling (1) and Yukon-Koyukuk Census Area (1).
14 new nonresidents were also identified in:
- Municipality of Anchorage (7 in Anchorage): 1 tourism, 6 seafood industry
- Bristol Bay and Lake & Peninsula boroughs: 1 seafood industry, 1 unknown industry
- Kenai Peninsula Borough North: 1 unknown industry
- Petersburg Borough: 1 unknown industry in Petersburg
- Unknown location: 1 tourism, 2 unknown industry
A total of 149,473 tests have been conducted. The average percentage of daily positive tests for the previous three days is 1.72%.
ANCHORAGE, Alaska (KTUU) - The State of Alaska has announced 40 new positive cases of COVID-19 in Alaska. This brings the total number of COVID-19 cases to 1,579. Currently, there are 920 active cases and 642 recovered cases.
The total number of nonresidents sits at 320.
Anchorage Municipality (18)
Kenai Peninsula Borough (6)
Juneau City and Borough (1)
Fairbanks North Star Borough (5)
Matanuska-Susitna Borough (7)
Yukon-Koyukuk Census Area (1)
Valdez-Cordova Census Area (2)
There are 92 total hospitalizations. No new deaths have been reported. To date 17 Alaskans have died with COVID-19 since March.
For more information, click HERE.
Copyright 2020 KTUU. All rights reserved.