ANCHORAGE (KTUU) - If you're a property owner with damage from the Nov. 30 earthquake, now is the time to file for federal disaster assistance.
FEMA says the final registration deadline is 11:59 p.m. this Friday, May 31.
Here's how you can register:
- Visit either of two disaster recovery centers, open until 7 p.m. Friday:
1. University of Alaska Annex at University Center Mall
3901 Old Seward Highway, Suite 153
Anchorage, AK 99503
2. Community Covenant Church
16123 Artillery Rd.
Eagle River, AK 99577
- Register for Individual Disaster Assistance here.
- Call 800-621-3362 (FEMA), voice/VP/711. Multilingual operators are available. TTY users may call 800-462-7585. Lines are open daily from 6 a.m. - 9 p.m. until Friday.
After the recovery centers close, Alaska residents can get updates about their applications, learn about the appeals process or check the status of their claims by calling the federal assistance helpline (listed above).
Residents are encouraged to call the federal assistance helpline if they received a determination letter from FEMA and later uncovered additional damage.
Copyright 2019 KTUU. All rights reserved.