ANCHORAGE (KTUU) - Mat-Su Valley
- Deshka: Northern Pike in the side sloughs. Try soft plastic lures.
- Elkutna Tailrace: King Salmon due soon, bait and multiple hooks allowed.
- Little Susitna: Emergency Order has King Salmon fishing closed.
- Stocked Lakes: Grayling in Kelper/Bradley and Ida, Rainbows in Willow and Rocky, and Arctic Char in Echo and Finger Lakes.
- Emergency Order: Alexander and Sucker Lakes closed to sport fishing due to Elodea invasion.
The Fishing Report 5/23/19
- Check out the Rod Loaner Program.
- Stocked Lakes: Jewel, Mirror, Cheney, Lake Otis, Campbell Lakes.
- Fire Lake: Northern Pike should not be released.
- Chester and Campbell Creek: Open to non-salmon species June 15.
- Ship Creek: Fishing is slow, it’s still early.
- Anchor River, Deep Creek, & Ninilchik River: open May 25-May 27, check emergency order restrictions.
- Prince William Sound: Rocky areas are fair right now for Rockfish.
- Kasilof: Emergency Order prohibits naturally-produced king salmon retention.
- Homer Harbor: Improved Halibut results offshore 20-30 miles west.
- North Gulf Coast: Good chance for Dolly Varden at Lowell Point.
Copyright 2019 KTUU. All rights reserved.