Fourth of July festivities in Southcentral Alaska
Within the Municipality of Anchorage, it is illegal to use personal fireworks without permits and permissions from the municipal - this including sparklers and bottle rockets.
While you cannot launch personal fireworks, here is a list of events, throughout Southcentral Alaska, that you can attend for safe, legal fun, this Fourth of July.
Family fun with two stages of non-stop entertainment until 6:00 pm!
- 8:00 a.m.: Pancake Breakfast: $5 with all proceeds benefiting the Polynesian Association of Alaska, Delaney Park Strip
- 11:00 a.m.: Community and Veterans Parades, Delaney Park Strip
- 1:00 p.m.: Reading of the Declaration of Independence by Harvard Club, Veterans Memorial Flag Pole
- Other festivities: More than 50 vendors will feature various foods, information and fun. Golden Wheel Amusement will provide a large variety of rides and there will be plenty of patriotic red, white and blue. The parade, festival attendance and entertainment is all free and family friendly.
- 11:00am - 1:00pm 4th of July Parade, Downtown Wasilla
- 1:00 p.m. - 3:00 p.m. 4th of July Community Mayor's Picnic, Iditapark
- 11:00 p.m. - 11:30 p.m. 4th of July Fireworks, Wonderland Park