UPDATE: Man charged with murder in early morning shooting Monday

By  | 

ANCHORAGE (KTUU) - 3:29 p.m. Update:
Anchorage Police have charged 27-year-old Ian A. Bradford with Murder 1, Murder 2, Attempted Murder 1, Assault 1, Misconduct involving a weapon and tampering with physical evidence for a shooting early Monday morning that killed one man and injured another.

Police say once Bradford was treated for the K9 bite, he was questioned by police, and it was discovered that he shot the two men during an argument.

Police have not yet named the man who died. The second man is expected to survive.

7:22 a.m. Update:

Anchorage police, with the help of a K9, apprehended the one person who remained unaccounted for following a shooting and homicide early Monday morning.

The man was bitten on the arm by APD K9 Doc, according to a statement made by APD. The police dog, along with SWAT, began to track the suspect who was last seen hiding in the yard area of the warehouse where, earlier this morning, police found a dead body and an injured person.

The man, who has not been identified, was reportedly hiding under a semi-trailer in the driveway. He was taken into custody after being bitten at around 6:30 a.m., police said.

APD did not specify how the man, bit on the arm by a K9, was involved in the homicide, or the roles of any other people taken in for questioning after being confronted at the warehouse.

The victim who was found dead inside the warehouse has not been identified, and their exact cause of death is not yet known.

Original Story:

One man is dead and another was wounded by gunfire, police say. Others involved at the scene of the crime have surrendered to authorities, but one person continued to refuse police orders early Monday morning.

The incident began at 1:30 a.m., when patrol officers with the Anchorage Police Department were making rounds, and noticed what they described as a "suspicious vehicle" with a man standing nearby at East 82nd Avenue and Hartzell Road.

When the man saw the patrol car, APD says he took off running. From there, the incident escalated to gunfire, when more police showed up, and shots rang out at a warehouse located at 1630 E 82nd Avenue.

Inside that warehouse, APD reportedly found a man dead on the ground, and another man came out with a gunshot wound to his upper body. That man was taken to the hospital, but his wound is described as not threatening his life.

Others involved with the reported shooting also surrendered to police; three other people exited from the warehouse and have been taken to the Anchorage Police Department for questioning on what happened.

One person involved, however, refused to come out, and continues to hide on the property. APD said SWAT was dispatched to the scene to deal with him, and are asking others to avoid the area.

According to KTUU crew at the scene, APD was utilizing drone technology to locate and monitor that individual. APD said it's unknown if the original person who ran from the "suspicious vehicle" has been caught, or if he is the person in hiding.

Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station. powered by Disqus