• Little Susitna River, ADF&G have prohibited the use of bait, effective August 14 through September 30.
• For rainbow trout try egg patterns on the Parks Highway streams from Willow Creek north.
• Remember, Alexander and Sucker Lakes are closed to sport fishing due to elodea invasion.
• In North Fork Campbell Creek try cooler mornings for trout with bead-head nymphs or spinners.
• Anglers are having good success at Symphony Lake with grayling on small spinners.
• Some other stocked lakes to try out for trout or grayling are Airstrip Pond, Green Lake, Jewel Lake, and Tangle Pond.
• In lower Bird Creek drifting row under a float can be effective with coho right now. Try fishing through the tide changes, not at peak high or low tide.
• The Valdez Silver Salmon Derby had a 12-year-old winner, with a 13.46 lbs. coho! The Seward derby ends the 18th.
• The Homer Spit has been seeing some coho and kings with trolling around the tip.
• On August 19 the Kachemak Coho Fishery will open to residents. Check ADF&G for times and permits.
• Lower sections of Anchor and Ninilchik rivers have had fair coho fishing, but that may change with rain. In the mornings try floating eggs or herring under a bobber.
Copyright 2019 KTUU. All rights reserved.