- Eklutna Tailrace is excluded from any emergency orders, so check it out this weekend for some great king salmon fishing! Try using a Vibrax or bait and bobber for best success.
- Recently stocked lakes to check out in the valley include Barley, Brocker, Carpenter, and Farmer Lakes.
- Why not spend the Summer Solstice weekend floating Montana or Willow Creeks for rainbow trout? You will have daylight for a great day trip!
- The Slam’n Salm’n Derby, going on at Ship Creek, ends Sunday and kings are doing very well down there. Lots of prizes and benefits go to the Downtown Soup Kitchen. Both lures and bait have been catching fish.
- Rainbows have been stocked all around Anchorage including Campbell & Chester Creek, DeLong Lake, Jewel Lake and Sand Lake. Some dry flies at Little Campbell Lake would make a great weekend activity.
- This weekend there is a king salmon Youth-Only Fishery from June 21-23 at Seward Lagoon and Outfall stream. Single-hook, artificial lures, and bait are legal.
- Wild and hatchery king salmon are doing well in the Ninilchik River, but double check the adipose fin and emergency order bag limits before removing them from the water.
- Due to great escapement, Russian River bag limits have been raised a second time, now allowing up to nine sockeye.