ANCHORAGE (KTUU) Mat-Su Valley:
· Rainbow trout have been stocked all over the Mat-Su this last week including in the Loon, Marion, Diamond, Beverly, Ida, Wolf, and Golden Lakes.
· With fair water clarity try fly fishing near the mouth of Willow, Sheep, Montana, and Talkeetna streams for rainbows. A good bet would be to try some fly patterns like beaded head, leech patterns, and wooly buggers.
· Eklutna Tailrace is expecting kings peaking during the youth-only day this second Saturday in June.
· The ADF&G will be having a free beginner sockeye fishing seminar June 12th, in Anchorage. Details on their website.
· High tide at Ship Creek is starting to have good results for king salmon, using both bait and lures.
· Hooligan are starting to wind down at 20 Mile River. Freshwater hooligan is open until June 15.
· Cheney Lake is a great option to take the kids and get some rainbows with flies, spinners and bait with bobbers.
· Anchor River will be open from June 8 - 10. No bait is allowed-- single hook artificial lures only. Expect the fishing to be fair to good if water conditions remain low.
· Resurrection Bay is continuing to see sporadic kings farther out in the bay. Try an oversize flasher or trolling with a small herring.
· For rainbows in the Kenai, try recently stocked Douglas, Cabin, or Barbara Lakes.