• Please be aware of changing fire activity in the Mat-Su. Closures are changing but include sections of Caswell Creek around mile 84 and Sheep Creek around mile 86. All fishing access sites within the evacuation area, Mile Posts 82-99, are closed.
• Deshka and the Little Susitna River are still closed to coho fishing due to emergency orders, through September 30.
• Matanuska, Bradley, Finger, and Long Lake have all been recently stocked with char. For rainbows try Wishbone and Goober Lakes.
• In Ship Creek coho are slowing, but not yet gone. Pinks are mostly moving upstream.
• September 11 the William Jack Hernandez Fish Hatchery is having a free Fall Trout Fishing 101. Register online.
• Coho in Bird Creek continue to do well, but are greatly tide influenced. Plan on dedicating some time to reach your limit.
• Sand Lake was recently restocked with rainbows and Clunie Lake was stocked with Arctic char.
• Closures for fire danger include: Kenai River Special Management Area between Sportsman’s Landing and Skilak Lake, Jim’s Landing, Russian River Ferry, Russian River Campground & cabins, and adjacent recreational trails.
• Kasilof River is seeing some fair coho fishing.
• Coho in Anchor and Ninilchik Rivers are slowing, but try fishing in the early morning or at incoming tides.
• Seward Lagoon and Outfall stream are having a Youth-Only Fishery September 6-8 for coho.
Copyright 2019 KTUU. All rights reserved.