· Why not try floating Willow Creek for Rainbows this weekend? You can try leech patterns and wooly buggers between the highway and the mouth.
· Recently-stocked lakes in the Mat-Su include Rainbows in Memory and Weiner Lake, Grayling in Florence and Lorraine Lake, and Arctic Char in Seventeenmile Lake.
· Downstream of the main fishery at Eklutna Tailrace a few kings are being caught. You can use multiple hooks and bait.
· Arctic grayling have been recently stocked in Alder Pond, Sand Lake, and Beach Lake; and Rainbows Trout are in Tangle Pond.
· Salmon fishing is possible on Ship Creek. It's still a little slow, but spinners and bait are great for catching kings in this creek.
· Shrimp season is open in Prince William Sound, but double check new Emergency Orders on shrimp pots allowed. You will want to stick to a depth of 300-400’.
· Anglers going farther out in Resurrection Bay are having good results with King fishing and Sockeye should be in larger numbers there soon.
· It's halibut time 20-30 miles offshore of Homer Harbor. Try herring on a circle hook or jigs.
Don’t forget your life jacket, sunblock, bug repellent, first aid kit, and regulation booklet when heading out. Share your experiences with the Division of Sport Fishing by using #wefishak