ANCHORAGE (KTUU) -
- The Little Su drainage closed for retention of kings starting 6 a.m. on the 15th. Catch and release only.
- Willow Creek upstream of the parks highway is open for retention of trout starting June 15th. Double Check regs. Flies with beaded head recommended.
- Eklutna Tailrace will be open to youth anglers for a ADF&G “WefishAK” Event on Saturday June 16. Bring the whole family and have some fun.
- Ship Creek’s youth-only fishery will be open for king salmon on Saturday Starting at 6 a.m.. Visit wefishak.alaska.gov for more info.
- Nearly all lakes in Anchorage have been stocked. Campbell or Sand Lake should be good this weekend if you use bait or small spinners.
- Campbell and Chester Creek drainages are open Friday, June 15. Be sure to check regs before you go.
- Prince William Sound is steady with halibut and rockfish. Lingcod is closed until July 1.
- Sport fishing is closed on the Anchor and Ninilchik rivers and Deep Creek drainages. King salmon fishing (including catch-and-release) in marine waters within one mile of shore from Bluff Point to the Ninilchik River is prohibited.
- Halibut and kings out of Homer have been improving. The Leading fish in Homer halibut derby is 187.6 pounds.