Job Title: Sales Account Assistant
Location: KTUU-TV, 501 E. 40th Ave., Anchorage, AK 99503
Supervises Others?: No.
Reports to: General Sales Manager
FSLA Status: Non-Exempt
Please apply online at www.gray.tv/applynow.
Sales Account Executives at KTUU-TV are valuable members of the Channel 2 team. As the revenue generators for the station, it’s a requirement that account executives be highly motivated people that measure their success in quality relationships with customers and their ability to perform what they promise for their stakeholders each and every day. Sales Account Executives work with local business owners, marketing managers, and advertising agencies as the horsepower that achieves their marketing goals, while providing expert advice and recommendations to local and national decision makers. Channel 2 is an economic driver that has the power to inform and persuade Alaskans in the largest of ways and for the smallest of businesses. It falls to the Sales Account Executives to wield this power on behalf of their clients and help them contribute positively to the Alaskan economy.
• Sell advertising consistent with station policies and rate guidelines
• Responsible for the negotiation of rates with local clients
• Service existing accounts and create special sales opportunities specific to each client
• Seek out and win the business of new advertisers through successful marketing of self and the KTUU-TV brand.
• Assist in the production of client’s needs and act as a liaison with all departments
• Performs other incidental and related duties as required and assigned
• Willing to seek out new information through research and utilize in client proposals effectively
• Other duties as assigned
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business or a related degree is preferred. Television sales experience preferred
• Wide Orbit, Microsoft Excel experience is preferred
• Ability to get along with others and maintain effective interdepartmental relationships
• Some negotiation skills are required
• Valid Alaska drivers license required. Must be insurable.
Over 60+ years, KTUU-TV has built a reputation of excellence as Alaska’s most-watched news source, producing 22 hours of local news content each week. The brand inspires confidence, loyalty and trust with both our audience and clients. The business community views us as reliable and effective. Channel 2 News is committed to providing news to the consumer, wherever and whenever they consume news: on-air, on the web, via news and weather apps, and full newscasts on mobile. That distribution is extended by simulcast of news on KFQD radio in Anchorage, on the NBC stations in Juneau and Sitka, and to over 240 communities in Alaska via the Alaska Rural Communications System (ARCS), rural cable systems, and satellite system delivery.
Gray Television supports local community interests by providing quality television broadcasting and exceptional service in each market we serve. We own and operate leading media outlets in over 50 markets throughout the country – all delivering the news, weather, sports and entertainment that millions of our neighbors count on every day. We are an unmatched broadcast pioneer that keeps getting bigger and better. We constantly strive for excellence. Through upgrading to the latest technology and seeking new ways to stay on top in our markets, we focus on training and development of the best and brightest employees in the business.
Please apply online at www.gray.tv/applynow
Gray Television provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Gray Television complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Gray Television expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Gray’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.